The Hon Mark Vaile AO
Chairman Australian American Leadership Dialogue
Mark was a Member of the Australian Parliaments House of Representatives from 1993 until 2008.
He was Deputy Prime Minister ( 2005 – 2007), Minister for Trade ( 1999 – 2006), Minister for Transport & Regional Development ( 1997 – 1998 ; 2006 – 2007 ) and Minister for Agriculture ( 1998 – 1999).
On 11th June 2012 Mark was appointed an Officer in the General Division of the Order of Australia for distinguished service to the Parliament of Australia through support for rural and regional communities, to the pursuit of global trade and investment opportunities, and to the citizens of the Taree region .
Mark currently holds the following positions
- Chairman : Whitehaven Coal Limited ,ASX listed resource company
- Chairman : Servcorp Limited ASX listed property and IT company
- Director : Stamford Land Corp.SGX listed property company
- Director : AAM Investment Group an Australian unlisted agricultural investment fund
- Director : Regional Australia Institute Australia’s preeminent regional policy institute
- Chairman : Australian American Leadership Dialogue, a private track two diplomatic Initiative aimed at broadening and deepening the US – Australia alliance